Charles Barkley Drops Scorching Hot Take on Confederate Statues -- The Left Is Going to Hate It
Ubiquitous
2017-08-22 01:05:01 UTC
NBA legend Charles Barkley has weighed in on the blazing-hot
controversy surrounding Confederate monuments in the United States —
and he thinks the outrage is a waste of time.

“I’m not going to waste my time worrying about these Confederate
statues — that’s wasted energy,” he said. “You know what I’m gonna do?
I’m gonna keep doing great things, I’m gonna keep trying to make a
difference — number one, in the black community because I’m black — but
I’m also going to try to do good things in the world.”

Barkley argued he has no interest in “screaming at a neo-Nazi who’s
gonna hate me no matter what” or wasting his time worrying about the
Confederate statues. When asked if the statues should simply be left
alone, the NBA great wondered why he should care.

“I’ve always ignored them,” Barkley added. “I’m 54 years old. I’ve
never thought about those statues a day in my life. I think if you ask
most black people to be honest, they haven’t thought a day in their
life about those stupid statues.”

He went on to outline what he thinks “black people need to do.”

“We need to worry about getting our education, we need to stop killing
each other, we need to try to find a way to have more economic
opportunity and things like that,” Barkley said. “Those things are
important and significant.”

Barkley has been known to weigh in on controversial issues — so he
surely knew there would be some backlash. Some of the responses on
Twitter were downright ugly. However, he also received plenty of
support.

Does Sir Charles have a point? Watch the full video of his remarks in
the video below.
#BeamMeUpScotty
2017-08-22 11:50:32 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
NBA legend Charles Barkley has weighed in on the blazing-hot
controversy surrounding Confederate monuments in the United States —
and he thinks the outrage is a waste of time.
If a Crucifix in a jar of piss is legitimate in an art show supported by
Federal funds then art statues around the nation are no less offensive.
That's Karma
Carol Shenkenberger
2017-08-22 18:50:20 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Ubiquitous
NBA legend Charles Barkley has weighed in on the
blazing-hot controversy surrounding Confederate monuments
in the United States — and he thinks the outrage is a
waste of time.
If a Crucifix in a jar of piss is legitimate in an art show
supported by Federal funds then art statues around the
nation are not offensive.
IAWTP!