"One dog is more important than a million n----rs"
2017-09-19 19:43:46 UTC
A volunteer firefighter from Franklin Township, Ohio, is catching heat for
his racially offensive Facebook post in which he said that he would rather
save a dog before a black person in an emergency.

Fireman Tyler Roysdon wrote that if he ever had to decide between saving a
canine or black man from a burning building, the animal would get priority
because “one dog is more important than a million n----rs.”

After the post began to pick up steam online, the 20-year-old was suspended
without pay Tuesday by Fire Chief Steve Bishop, WHIO-TV reported.

According to the local station, people are calling for Roysdon to be
permanently released from the fire department. But as it turns out, Bishop
does not have the power to terminate him immediately.

The township will instead hold a disciplinary hearing for Roysdon on Sept.
27, where the town's board of trustees will determine his fate with the
department.

As for Roysdon, his wife, Joei Frame Roysdon told the station he has learned
his lesson: “He admitted that he said things that were wrong and
apologized.”

She also added: “Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to
their own opinion.”

Roysdon's colleague, however, Ryan Grubbs, who also works as a volunteer
firefighter, weighed in on the matter as well but said that Roysdon's words
contradict the department's core values.

“We don’t pick and choose who needs us, we just go,” Grubbs told the outlet.
“We’re volunteers, we’re doing this because we love the community.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-firefighter-says-d-rather-184557292.html
#BeamMeUpScotty
2017-09-19 21:32:41 UTC
Post by Byker
A volunteer firefighter from Franklin Township, Ohio, is catching heat for
his racially offensive Facebook post in which he said that he would rather
save a dog before a black person in an emergency.
A paradox... do you tell them that under oath, it's a crime now to say
these things thanks to Liberals political correctness, but to NOT tell
that when under oath is to also engage in a crime when you lie....

I think this person should invoke their 5th amendment rights and say no
more.
--
That's Karma